Orange Marmalade-Chorizo Pizza
- 12 ounces uncooked bacon (about 15 slices), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 ounces uncooked chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 can (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oilo
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1 large poblano or Anaheim chile, seeded, coarsely chopped (2/3 cup)
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 55mins
1 Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
2 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain bacon drippings from skillet.
3 In same skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up sausage with spoon, until no longer pink. Remove sausage with slotted spoon; drain well on paper towels.
4 Meanwhile, unroll pizza crust dough on pan; press dough to edge of pan. In small bowl, mix marmalade, oil and parsley; spread over dough. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
5 Sprinkle partially baked crust with sausage, bacon and dates. Sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle chile over cheese; press gently into cheese.
6 Bake 7 to 12 minutes longer or until crust is deep golden brown.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
1 In step 4, bake crust 10 to 11 minutes.