Zans Cans Chili
At our house
we open cans.
We have to open
And that is why
we have a Zans.
A Zans for cans
is very good.
Have you a Zans for cans?
From One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
- 15 1/2 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 1/2 ounce can pinto beans
- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic or similar
- 1 pound ground turkey or lean beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or more if desired
- 2/3 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 sprigs cilantro
1. Drain the beans and put them in a large saucepan with the seasoned tomatoes. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer until the beans are heated through and flavors have blended, about 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and crumble the turkey or beef into it. Season with the salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally, about 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir the seasoned meat into the beans.
4. Divide the chili among 4 bowls. Top each with cheese, then sour cream, and stick a cilantro sprig in the middle.