New Orleans Style Fish Sandwiches
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- 1 cup drained giardiniera
- 1/2 cup green olives
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6- to 8-ounce fillets grouper, wahoo or other white meaty fish
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 kaiser rolls
Adapted from foodgawker.com
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
In a small heat proof bowl, microwave the butter with the garlic for 15 seconds, stir and microwave 10 seconds longer if needed. Stir in the thyme and hot sauce.
Pulse the giardiniera, olives, and parsley in a food processor until finely dices. Add the olive oil and pulse again. Set aside.
Brush the fish with the garlic butter and season with old bay and pepper.
Serve the rolls toasted with heaping portions of the olive relish on top. Place fish, lettuce, and the top with the rolls.