- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups refrigerated mango juice blend (such as Odwalla Mango Tango or Naked Juice Mighty Mango)
- 3 cups finely shredded carrot
- Carrot ribbons*
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 ounce packagecream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8x1 1/2-inch round cake pan; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar; beat until combined. Beat 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and 3/4 cup of the mango juice; beat on low after each addition just until combined. Stir in shredded carrot. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Place remaining 1/2 cup mango juice blend in a small saucepan; bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; cool. Frost top of one cake layer with Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with remaining cake layer; frost as desired. Drizzle with reduced juice; top with carrot ribbons*.
4. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
* Carrot Ribbons
Use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice carrots lengthwise. Place in a bowl of ice water for at least 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper toweling.
For a Three Layer Cake:
Increase the batter by 1/2 to make a three-layer cake using the following amounts: 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cup mango juice (using 1 cup in the cake and 1/2 cup for the topper) and 4 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots. Divide the batter into three 8x1-1/2 inch pans and bake as directed. Double the frosting recipe in order to frost the top and sides of the cake.
You'll also love
- Large Pearl Tapioca Pudding 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Sweet Corn Salsa 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- No Sugar or Fat Raisin Oatmeal... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Pudín de Pan de Coco con Salsa de... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- oatmeal - Carrot cake baked oatmeal 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie 4.6/5 (19 Votes)