Apple Orange Pie (WB)
Servings: 10 servings
11/16/04 Elk, Bob & Lu's greenhouse by candlelight for Bob's BD
- 1 c HOH
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 T fresh lemon juice>>bring to boil.
- 2 thin skinned oranges>peel off all rind w/ veg peeler
- (reserve oranges for another use). Cut rind into
- 1 x 1/8" wide strips. Add to HOH mixture, cover,
- simmer 30 min. Remove rind. Discard liquid.
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3 T flour
- 1/4 t cinn
- 1/8 t ginger
- dash salt >>combine.
- 6 med Golden delicious apples, peeled & sliced>add,
- toss to coat.
- 1 (15oz) pkg refrigerated pie dough>place 1 part into
- greased 9" deep dish pie tin (let dough hang over
- plate). Spoon 1/2 apples into crust, arrange orange
- rind mixture over top. Spoon remaining apple
- mixture over. Put 2nd part of dough over top. Press
- edges together, flute. Cut slits on top.
- 1 beaten egg>Brush with egg.
Place pie on a baking sheet, bake 1 hour at 350. Cool on a wire rack. Per serving: 333 cal, 12g fat, 3g pro, 56g carb, 4g fiber, 29mg chol 185 sod, 24mg calc