- 3 tablespoons White vinegar
- 3 tablespoons White wine
- 10 Peppercorns; crushed
- 2 tablespoons Finely-chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon Chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 3 Egg yolks
- 1 cup Unsalted butter; melted
- Salt; to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper;
- 1 tablespoon Finely-chopped parsley
In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, wine, peppercorns, shallots, and tarragon. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to 1 tablespoon. Add 1 tablespoon of water. Cool.
Add the egg yolks and whisk, over low heat (use a double-boiler), until frothy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
In a steady stream, add the butter until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce through a chinois and set aside. Garnish with the parsley leaves. This recipe yields about 1 cup of sauce.