Carrot Beet Salad
- 12 ounces carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 12 ounces raw beets, peeled and trimmed
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 small bunch of flat parsley, roughly chopped
- Optional: raisins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from snack-girl.com
Peel and trim the carrots and beets, then coarsely grate both on a grater – wear rubber gloves if you don’t want pink hands!
Alternatively, use a food processor fitted with a grating plat.
Place the grated vegetables in a bowl, add the shallots.
Heat the cumin seeds in small pan until they are hot and smell pungent.
Remove from the heat and scatter over the vegetables.
Add the olive oil, vinegar and parsley, then toss well.
Leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.