Grilled Marinated Chicken with Tomato-Fruit Salsa
Savory marinated chicken grilled to perfection topped with a tomato-fruit salsa -- delicious and good for you
- 1/4 cup Hunt's® Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons La Choy® Lite Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple, mango or papaya (or combination)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from hunts.com
1.Combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, honey, soy sauce and garlic in large resealable plastic bag; blend well. Pound chicken with meat mallet to even out thickness for more even cooking. Add chicken to bag; seal. Turn to coat evenly with ketchup marinade. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
2.Spray cold grill and utensils with grilling spray. Preheat grill to medium heat. Combine drained tomatoes, pineapple, onion and cilantro in small bowl; set aside. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
3.Grill chicken about 10 minutes or until no longer pink in centers (165°F), turning once. Serve chicken with salsa.
Chicken may be cooked in large nonstick skillet. Spray cold skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add chicken; cook about 8 minutes or until no longer pink in centers (165°F), turning once.