Baked Panko Chicken Tenders with Basil Aioli
Breaded and baked chicken tenders are seasoned to perfection. Dip into your homemade basil aioli for a meal that you will want to serve again and again.
- For aioli:
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or breast tenders
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from loveandoliveoil.com
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with foil and lightly spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl or shallow dish, season the flour with salt and black pepper, and lightly beat the eggs in another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish, combine panko breadcrumbs with basil, garlic, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
If using chicken breasts, prepare by putting one breast in between two layers of plastic wrap. Pound to an even thickness of approximately 1/2″. Remove plastic and slice into strips.
Dredge tenders in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess flour. Dip the floured chicken tenders into the egg and then coat the chicken tenders with the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
Bake chicken tenders for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping once part way through the cook time.
To prepare aioli, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Beef with Hilopites (Greek Egg... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork Enchiladas 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Corn Salsa 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken and Spinach Paleo Ravioli 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Waffles 4/5 (6 Votes)