Lemon-Asparagus Linquine with Italian Turkey Sausage
- 8 ounces whole-grain linguine 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 6 stalks cooked asparagus (from Tuesday’s dinner), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound low-sodium Italian turkey sausage
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from shape.com
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain noodles.
2. Return pasta to pot and toss with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and asparagus; turn off heat.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high and brown sausage on all sides. Add reserved pasta water and cook for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet and slice into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
4. Transfer pasta to skillet and toss with pan juices. Add sliced sausage back to skillet along with tomatoes. Season to taste with pepper and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pork Egg Foo Yung 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Orange Grilled Beer-Can Chickens 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Buttermilk Marinated Pork Chops 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Legs & Thighs with a... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey French Dip with Slaw 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken w/Baby Spinach... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey & Pepper Panini 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Dessert: Low Sugar,Low Fat Carmel... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)