Grilled Pitas with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 large (1 pound each) onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, sliced horizontally in half
- 7 ounce(s) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onions, sugar, and salt, and cook 15 minutes or until very soft, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 20 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
In cup, stir remaining 2 tablespoons oil with tarragon and thyme. Brush cut sides of pitas with herb mixture; spread with goat cheese, then top with caramelized onions.
Place pitas, topping-side up, on grill over low heat, and cook 3 minutes or until bottoms are crisp and topping is heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and cut each into 4 wedges to serve.