Healthy Oatmeal Cookies with Honey
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (plus a pinch more depending on moistness of mix)
- 1-1/2 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup oil or applesauce
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- YUMMY INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
1. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together. Hint: when measuring out the honey, spray the measuring cup with oil or baking spray--your honey won't stick
3. Mix the wet stuff with the dry stuff. Add the raisins and walnuts and mix. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit of flour. If it isn't binding toether very well, you may wish to add an egg white.
4. Cool the mix for 20 minutes in the fridge.
5. Preheat the oven to 335 derees (lower temp due to the honey in the recipe which burns easily.)
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto your baking sheet. (recommended to line sheet with parchment paper). Press down with a form to ensure even cooking.
7. Bake about 15-20 minutes or until golden on the bottom of the cookie.