Filet au Poivre
- ■2 whole Beef Fillets Or Other Good Steaks
- ■2 Tablespoons Butter
- ■Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
- ■2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ■¼ cups Brandy
- ■2 Tablespoons (additional) Brandy
- ■½ cups Heavy Cream
- ■1 Tablespoon Good Peppercorns, Crushed
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Melt butter in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, brown steaks on both sides, about 45 seconds per side. Place skillet into the hot oven for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven and remove steaks to a separate plate.
Return pan to stovetop over low heat. Add Dijon and brandy, then whisk together. Add heavy cream and crushed peppercorns, whisking to combine. Allow to bubble for about 45 seconds, then remove from heat.
Spoon sauce over steaks and serve.