Chicken Piccata with Orzo
Lemon rind gives the orzo floral, muted citrus notes, a nice companion to the zingy sauce.
Total: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup orzo, 1 cutlet, and 2 tablespoons sauce)
Fat:8.5g (sat 2.7g,mono 3.6g,poly 0.8g)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain. Stir in rind.
2. While orzo cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring until butter melts. Stir in parsley and capers. Serve over orzo.