Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Progresso breadcrumbs (herb flavor)
- 1/4 cup canned minced clams (drain liquid)
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 12 medium white button mushrooms with stems removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 to 3 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, clams, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, and garlic in a medium bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together. Add the chicken broth 1 tablespoon at a time and stir after each addition with a spoon. Keep the stuffing fluffy by not over stirring.
3. Fill each of the mushroom caps with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the stuffing (depending on the size of the mushroom). Keep the filling pretty loose but make the top surface flat to support the sliced cheese. Arrange the stuffed mushrooms in a shallow baking dish with the stuffing facing up.
4. Use a brush to dab melted butter over each mushroom. Add enough so that the butter trickles down the sides of each mushroom and rests in the baking dish. Pour any leftover butter into the dish, then scoot the mushrooms next to each other.
5. Sprinkle the minced red bell pepper over the tops of the stuffed mushrooms.
6. Arrange the slices of cheese over the mushrooms. Tear the slices to cover all of the mushrooms leaving no stuffing uncovered.
7. Bake the mushrooms for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
8. When the mushrooms come out of the oven I'mmediately sprinkle them with 1/2 teaspoon of minced parsley and serve.