Mesclun Salad With Oven-Roasted Peppers And Feta Dressing
- 2 large red bell peppers halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 2 large yellow bell peppers halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 2 large orange bell peppers halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 ounces feta cheese - (abt 1 1/2 cups) diced, plus
- 2 ounces coarsely-crumbled feta cheese - (abt 1/2 cup)
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 small garlic clove chopped
- 1 1/2 bags mesclun salad - (4.5 oz ea)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- Kalamata olives (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place all peppers, cut-side down, on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Roast until peppers are tender and brown in spots, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes on baking sheet. Peel peppers; cut each half lengthwise into 4 strips. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in small bowl. (Peppers can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Place 6 ounces diced feta, 6 tablespoons cold water, and 1 tablespoon oil in processor; puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Add garlic and blend 2 seconds. Set dressing aside.
Place mesclun in large bowl. Toss with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, then vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange greens on large platter; top with peppers. Drizzle feta dressing over and sprinkle with 2 ounces crumbled feta. Garnish with olives, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.