- 4 oz cream cheese-softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine-softened
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation maple flavor
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, syrup, vanilla and maple flavoring. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until smooth. gradually add powdered sugar, beating until mixture is of spreading consistency. frost cupcakes and immediately sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup walnuts.
Store in refrigerator.