Pork Chops With Cheesy Grits and Jammy Tomatoes
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 ounces Cheddar, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick; about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Adapted from realsimple.com
Cook the grits according to the package directions, stirring in the Cheddar, butter, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper during the last minute of cooking.
Meanwhile, season the pork with the paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side; remove and set aside to rest.
Add the tomatoes, vinegar, and sugar to the drippings in the skillet and cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes are soft and the liquid is syrupy, 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve the pork with the tomatoes and grits. Sprinkle with the parsley.