Roasted Asparagus and Shrimp Penne w/ White Wine Cream Sauce
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb asparagus--trimmed and cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 1lb shrimp--peeled, deviened and tails off
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned/drain & reserve oil
- 4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, choppped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 TBS dried italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 TBS saffron
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Mix wine and saffron. Set aside for an hour.
Heat oven to 400.
In med pot bring chicken broth to a boil. Add asparagus. Bring back to boil for approx. 3 minutes. Careful not to overcook. Drain and set aside saving chicken broth for later.
Once asparagus has drained, place on 9x13 baking pan. Coat with 2 TBS olive oil and Italian seasoning. Bake until fork tender, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
In large skillet, heat both reserved oil from tomatoes and 2 TBS olive oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, shrimp, 1/4 cup basil, garlic, oregano and red pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
In same skillet bring wine mixture, onions and reserved chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat and add butter. Add cream slowly, stirring constantly. Bring back to boil for 1 minute; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half.
At the same time in a large pot, cook pasta. Drain. Add shrimp, sauce, remaining basil and cheese. Toss over medium heat until warmed and sauce coats pasta. Salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- Savory Lemon Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Spicy Black Bean-Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Mama 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cleve's Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Shrimp... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood Gumbo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Phyl's Baked Cod Italian-style 0/5 (0 Votes)