Jicama and Apple Slaw
Serve this colourful, crisp and fresh Jicama and Apple Slaw with grilled chicken or fish. Jicama has crunchy texture and mild sweet nutty flavour.
When buying jicama choose ones that are smaller in size because as they get bigger, they lose flavour and that wonderful crunchy texture.
- 1 small jicama, julienned
- 1 apple, such as granny smith, julienned
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- Lime Dressing
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. to 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Adapted from cbc.ca
Add jicama, apple, carrot, radishes, onion and cucumber to large bowl.
To make the dressing: add lime juice, ginger, honey, olive oil, chives, cumin and salt and pepper to small bowl. Whisk to combine.
Toss dressing with salad. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve.
You'll also love
- Salbury deer steak with mushroom... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- 5 Spice Mushroom Rice 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Almond Coconut Spread Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fennel, Orange & Star Anise Vinegar 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Vegan Broccoli and Rice... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jicama with Berries and Lime 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Spicy Spiralized Shoe String... 4/5 (8 Votes)