FIN & CLAW'S CRAB IMPERIAL
THIS CAN BE BAKED IN A 1-QUART CASSEROLE, IN INDIVIDUAL DECORATIVE SEASHELLS OR IN 8-OUNCE SOUFFLE OR OVAL BAKING DISHES.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (we used Hellmann's; do not use fat-free or low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (we used Grey Poupon Dijon)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
In a large nonreactive mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, capers, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce until well mixed. Gently fold in crabmeat, keeping pieces as large as possible. Lightly butter a 1-quart casserole or 4 (8-ounce) baking dishes.
Transfer mixture to appropriate dish(es). Crab mixture can be made ahead to this point, covered and refrigerated until about 30 minutes before serving.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake casserole about 20 minutes, individual dishes about 15 minutes, or until completely heated through. Garnish with chopped parsley. Makes 4 servings.