Mahi-Mahi Ceviche With Jalapenos And Coconut
- 1 pound mahi-mahi fillets cut lengthwise
- into 1/4"-thick strips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeño chiles seeded (2 minced, 2 thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Saltine crackers for serving
Combine fish, lime juice, and oregano in large glass bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Chill until fish turns opaque, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes.
Strain almost all lime juice from fish; return fish to bowl. Stir in onion, minced and sliced jalapeños, coconut, and cilantro. Season with salt. Chill at least 20 minutes and up to 2 hours. Serve in Martini glasses. Pass crackers separately.
This recipe yields 6 first-course servings.
You'll also love
- Lemon-Barley Pilaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hominy And Pork Soup With Arbol... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hand-Mashed Pinto Beans With Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Whole Fish With Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Foie Gras-Stuffed Dates 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Schnitzel With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut-Sweet Potato Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)