- 1 Can 8oz. Almond Paste
- 1 1/2 C. Butter, softened
- 1 C. sugar
- 4 Eggs, Separated
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 2 C. Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 10 Drops green food coloring
- 8 Drops red food coloring
- 1 Jar 12 oz. Apricot preserves
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
1. Grease three 13x9 in. pans
2. Break up almond paste in food processor. Add butter, sugar, egg yolks and extract. Mix until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in flour and salt.
4. Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Stir into almond mixture.
5. Remove 1 1/2 C. batter, spread into pan. Remove another 1 1/2 C. and add green food coloring, spread into second pan. Add red food coloring to remaining batter, spread into third pan.
6. Bake 350 15 min. or until edges are golden. Cake will be 1/4 in. thick.
7. Remove cakes immediately onto lg. wire cooling racks. Cool throughly.
8. Place green layer on jelly-roll pan. Hear apricot preserves, strain. Spread 1/2 preserves over green layer. Slide yellow layer onto, spread with reamining preserves. Slide pink layer on top of yellow.
9. Cover with plastic wrap, weight down, and refrigerate overnight.
10. Melt chocolate. Spread on top of cake. Let dry 30 min. Cut into 1 in. squares.