Garlic Chicken Wings
These baked chicken wings are simple and completely addictive; with a sticky garlicky sauce that will have everyone licking their fingers.
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped pepperocino, or your favourite hot chile, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from cbc.ca
Cut wings in half and remove wing tip, if desired.
Combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, ginger, cilantro and pepperocino in a large bowl or re-sealable plastic bag. Add wings and toss to coat. Cover. Marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with foil.
Transfer wings to prepared baking sheet. Bake wings for 20 minutes, then flip and cook until wings are golden brown, juices run clean and meat is no longer pink, about 20 minutes more. Total cooking time is about 40 to 45 minutes.
If desired serve these garlicky chicken wings with a blue cheese dip and veggie sticks. For a quick blue cheese dip, crumble your favourite blue cheese into sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Apple Strudel 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Feta-Scallion Couscous Cakes With... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower & Leek Gratin 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Skillet Penne with Sausage and... 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Beef Barley Stew 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Chicken Piccata 3.7/5 (223 Votes)
- Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Foolproof Rosemary Chicken Wings 4.7/5 (16 Votes)