Broccoli Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1 T milk or half and half
- 1 tsp. Spike Seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli flowerets
- 3/4 cup cheese (I used four cheese Mexican blend, which is a blend of low-fat cheeses)
- (Optional: serve with low fat sour cream. Also good topped with Ajvar Red Pepper Spread.)
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees. Spray a glass casserole dish with nonstick spray. (I use 7.25 X 11.25 inch pan for this size, but it can be a little larger if you don’t have that size.) Cut broccoli into flowerets about 1 inch across. Put broccoli into pot with enough water to cover and bring to a boil. As soon as the water boils and broccoli turns bright green (less than 5 minutes) immediately drain broccoli into colander.
While broccoli cools, break eggs into mixing bowl. Add milk or half and half, Spike seasoning, and black pepper and beat eggs until ingredients are well combined.
Put drained broccoli into casserole dish. Sprinkle cheeses over broccoli. Pour eggs over broccoli-cheese, then use a fork to gently stir so that broccoli and cheeses are evenly distributed throughout the eggs.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until top is slightly browned and eggs puff up slightly.