- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, divided
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Morsels
- 35 to 40 soda crackers
- 1 can (14 oz.) Nestles Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 425 deg. F. Line 15" X 10" jelly-roll pan with heavy-duty foil.
Melt 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) buter in medium saucepan. Pour into prepared jelly-roll pan. Arrange crackers over butter, breaking crackers to fit empty spaces.
Melt repaining butter in same saucepan, add sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sweetned condensed milk. Pour over crackers.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven; cool for 1 minute.
Sprinkle with morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny. Spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts; press into chocolate. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Referigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove foil; cut into pieces.