penne ala vodka
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine drained
- 2 cups pureed canned plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parm reggiono cheese
- 1 pound penne or farfelle pasta
- 1/4 reserved pasta water
melt butter in large saute pan, stir in pepper flakes and cook about minute over medium heat. add garlic and cook until soft. Stir in capers and cook minute longer.
Add tomotoes and vodka and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
slowly pour in cream and cook over low heat. Add half the cheese and keep the sauce warm while penne are cooking.
cook penne and reserve 1/4 cup water.
transfer to sauce and add reserved water to. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and blend!