Crispy, oven-baked zucchini fries are a great alternative to potato fries. Serve with ranch dressing or any other dip you may desire.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- 2 egg whites
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix all of your dry ingredients into a bowl.
Dip zucchini in egg white, and roll into dry coating. Arrange them so they’re not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray. Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes.
Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more.
You'll also love
- Turkey Bacon, Egg and Spinach... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Skinny Grilled Pineapple 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Quick Pickle - Cucumbers and Onions 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Zucchini & Spaghetti Squash... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Drizzled... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Curry Chicken 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Club Crackers 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies 4.6/5 (30 Votes)