Green Bean, Spinach, And Beet Salad
- 2 fresh poblano chiles
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 small beets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans trimmed, and cut diagonally into 1" pieces
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 small white onion sliced paper-thin
- 5 large radishes sliced paper-thin
For Dressing: Char chiles directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes. Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chiles.
Combine chiles, orange juice, oil, vinegar, and garlic in blender. Blend until mixture is smooth and thick. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Cover; chill until dressing is cold, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
For Salad: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap each beet tightly in foil; place directly on oven rack. Roast beets until tender when pierced with knife, about 50 minutes. Unwrap beets and cool completely, then peel. Coarsely grate beets into medium bowl. Toss with lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour.
Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain; transfer to large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again and pat dry.
Toss green beans, spinach, onion, and radishes in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide salad among plates; top with beets.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Garlic-Fennel Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cannellini And Kale Ragout 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Striped Bass With Swiss Chard,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Baby Beets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Campanelle Pasta With Burrata... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini And Spinach Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp With Lemon, Tarragon, Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)