Warm-You-Up Sausage Quiche
favorite.....from Leona Prososki
- 1 #bulk milk pork sausage
- 1/4# hot pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 4oz. can chopped green chillies, drained
In large skillet cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, cheeses, flour, butter and baking powder. Stir in mushrooms, onion, chillies and sausage. Transfer to 2 greased 9" round baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 375 for 33-38 min. or until knife inserted near middle comes out clean.
I put these in the Pampered Chef pie plates and they bake beautiful. They will be very full.