Cabbage and Black Pepper Beef Stir Fry
"A very simple Chinese stir fry dish which is fabulous in taste. I saw my husband going for 2 additional servings of it and I had to remind him to leave some for the rest of the family! Serve with hot steamed rice." - LI-ANN
- Makes 4 sevings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoonssoy sauce or worcestershire
- 1 teaspooncornstarch
- 1/2 cupwater
- 1 teaspoonground black pepper
- Suggestions: ground beef sirlion, beef broth instead of water, a pinch of salt, Lawry's seasoning salt, Accent seasoning, onions, sesame oil, and add a combination of red and yellow bell peppers.
Cooking time 20mins
1.Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil. Saute garlic for about 5 seconds, then add ground beef. Stir-fry until beef is evenly brown. Stir in cabbage and pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender, and beef is fully cooked. Stir in soy sauce. Mix together cornstarch and water, and stir in. Season with pepper. Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened.