Roast Cornish Hen with Vegetables
When the occasion calls for a special dinner for two, this recipe fills the bill. Just 15 minutes of prep time, and you are ready to pop this stunning meal into the oven.
- 1 (24-ounce) Cornish game hen, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium dark-orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (2-cups)
- 2 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (1-cup)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Heat oven to 400ºF.
Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Remove and discard neck and giblets from game hen. With kitchen scissors, cut hen in half; place halves, skin side up, in baking dish.
In medium bowl, mix garlic salt, chili powder, ginger, cumin and oil. Brush hen halves with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture. To remaining mixture in bowl, add sweet potatoes, red potatoes and bell pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around hen halves in dish.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until hen halves are fork-tender and juices run clear, and vegetables are tender.
You'll also love
- Tuna Salad Sandwich 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Pork Loin and Potatoes 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Blackberry Lemonade 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Scalloped Ham & Potatoes 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Seared & Roasted Salmon 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Popovers with Roast Beef and... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Avocado Corn Salad 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Southwest Cornmeal Bacon 4/5 (4 Votes)