CANDY BAR CAKE
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel topping
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (2.07-ounce) chocolate-coated caramel-peanut nougat bars, chopped
- Note: Can substitute the candy bars with butterfingers, peanut butter cups,etc.
Adapted from mrfood.com
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
2.Gently poke holes in top of cake, using end of a wooden spoon. Pour caramel topping slowly over cake.
3.Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and butter at with an electric beater at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating at low speed until smooth; add milk. Stir in vanilla. Spread evenly over cake; sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Cut into squares to serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.