Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup
Try these delicious Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup recipe.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons leeks or green onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 6 cups water
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup green pepper, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 can 16 oz tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 oz tripe, cooked and julienned (optional)
- 1 cup cooked rice
Adapted from magicalrecipes.com
Heat margarine in a large saucepan.
Add onions, leeks, celery and ham.
Saute, stirring, until vegetables are tender.
Add water and bouillon cubes and cook until bouillon cubes are dissolved.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.