Use wonton wrappers if you don't want to make the pasta sheets. I add a little of my marinara sauce to the cream sauce for a light tomato sauce.
- Ravioli Dough (make in pasta machine on medium or you can just buy it)
- 1 lb. lobster meat
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms
- 2-1/2 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. mint shallots
- 2 cups light cream (I used 1 cup heavy cream)
- 2-1/2 tsp. flour (I used 3 Tsp.)
- 2 or 3 tsp. quality light sherry
- Salt & ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. flour 1/2 oz. brandy
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook Ravioli:
- 3 quart pot pinch of salt
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- dash of oil
Boil lobsters, remove meat. Clean & mince lobster meat. Wash & mince mushrooms.
In saute pan, soften butter, add shallots. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until translucent. Add lobster meat and mushrooms and cook for another minute. Slowly sprinkle flour over mix, stirring constantly. Add sherry, stirring contantly. (If you want it a little pinker, shake in a little paprika.) Add light cream and reduce for 2 to 3 minutes on low. The mixture should be on the medium to thick side. Remove from the heat and spread it out on a flat pan to cool.
Roll out 2 ravioli pasta sheets. Mark out 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" squares. Add 3/4 tsp. of mixture into the marked square. Lay the second sheet on top and use a ravioli tool to roll and seal. Transfer onto a sheet pan that has been lined with wax paper & sprinkle with corn meal (this helps prevent sticking).
Melt butter. Add flour, brandy, light cream & paprika. Salt & pepper to taste. Keep warm in a double boiler.
Bring water, salt & oil to a boil. Add raviolis quickly, but 1 at a time. Keep separated with a wooden spoon. Boil 3 to 5 minutes (preference). Remove with slotted spoon or skimmer.
Serve on a flat plate or flat soup bowl with cream sauce on the bottom. Place 4 or 5 raviolis on sauce and then drizzle with more sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
You'll also love
- Chicken, Avocado, Cream Cheese,... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- CROCKPOT BEEF AND BROCCOLI 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Old Bay Corn Flake Crab Cakes 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Veggie & Brown Rice Noodle Bowl... 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Skillet Penne with Sausage and... 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Baked Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits (Top... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)