Grandma's Casserole (Dish-In-One)
Modified from Grandma's original recipe, which used only hamburger (1-2 lbs), no sausage, a can of green chiles, and a can of tomato soup in place of the marinara, and no tomatoes.
I have also experimented with adding, bacon, diced potatoes, and other vegetables, but this is my preferred version.
Entire recipe can be made using only one large pot if done as stated.
- 2 onions (diced)
- 1 lb. hamburger
- l lb. Sweet Italian sausage (ground)
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Hatch green chiles (diced)
- 1 jar Tomato Sauce (such as Prego Traditional)
- 12 oz. package wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1 can Diced tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook noodles (use package directions)Drain. Set aside.
3. Brown hamburger and sausage.
4. Mix onions into hamburger mixture, and sauté onions until soft.
5. Mix all remaining ingredients thoroughly.
(I mix everything except cheese, then fold in cheese)
6. Bake, in pot, for 45 minutes.