Sweet and Spicy Beef Tacos
- 1.5 pound to 2 pound flank steak
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 dark-style Mexican beer
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 to 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas or taco shells
- Tomatillo Salsa or Fresh Tomato Salsa,
- Queso fresco cheese, diced or substitute grated cheddar cheese
- Green onions, diced
- Jalapenos, sliced
To make the marinade for the flank steak: add olive oil, beer, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chipotle and honey to shallow baking dish or large re-sealable plastic bag. Stir to combine.
Immerse flank steak in marinade. Cover dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 8 hours or up 24 hours.
Preheat grill to high.
Remove steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill steak on high heat until rare to medium rare, about 6 to 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Overcooking flank steak will produce tough, chewy meat. Let steak rest before slicing, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into 1/8-inch thick slices.
Meanwhile, heat tortillas over medium heat in a dry hot pan or griddle until warmed and lightly toasted. Wrap tortillas in a clean kitchen cloth to keep warm. Alternatively, wrap tortillas in foil and heat for a few minutes in a 400 degrees F. oven.
Serve warm tortillas with steak slices and your favourite taco toppings. Try Tomatillo Salsa or Fresh Tomato Salsa, queso fresco, green onion and jalapeno.
If desired, serve the tacos with Corn and Bean Salad.