Spice-Rubbed Pork Skewers with Tomatoes
If using wooden skewers, soak them in about two inches of water for approximately 15 minutes while the grill heats, and pat them dry before adding the meat and tomatoes. This prevents the skewers from burning on the grill.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Combine first 7 ingredients. Cut pork in half crosswise; cut each half into 8 lengthwise strips. Combine pork strips and chile paste in a shallow dish; toss to coat. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over pork; toss to coat. Let pork stand 10 minutes.
Thread 1 pork strip and 1 tomato onto each of 16 (10-inch) wooden skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Combine soy sauce and oil; drizzle over pork.