Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- • Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- • 1 1/2 cups White Lily® All Purpose Flour
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- • 2 large eggs
- • 1 cup buttermilk
- • 8 chicken tenders
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. HEAT 1 1/2 inches oil in large skillet to 365°F.
2. BLEND flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Break eggs into small bowl; beat lightly. Set aside. Pour 1 cup buttermilk into separate bowl.
3. DIP chicken, one piece at a time, into buttermilk, then into flour mixture. Coat completely. Dip into egg, then return to flour mixture. Coat completely.
4. PLACE chicken gently into hot oil. Fry uncovered about 10 minutes on each side until golden brown and juices from chicken run clear.
5. DRAIN on paper towels. Serve immediately or place on rack in 200°F oven until ready to serve.