Zucchini, Squash & Corn Casserole
- 1 1/2 lb yellow squash cut into 1/4 slices
- 1 1/2 lb zucchini cut into 1/4 slices
- 1/4 cup butter divided
- 2 cups diced sweet onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups of fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 cup of Asiago cheese, divided
Preheat oven 350. Bring first 2 ingredients and water to cover to a boil in Dutch oven over med-high heat and boil 5 min. or until crisp and tender.
Melt 2 tbsp. butter in skillet over med high heat add onion and sauté 10 min or until tender. add garlic and sauté 2 min
Stir together squash, onion mixture, corn, next 6 ingredients, and 1/2 cup each breadcrumbs and asiago cheese until blended. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
Melt remaining tbsp. of butter stir in remaining breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup asiago cheese. Sprinkle over casserole.
Bake 350 for 45-50 min until golden brown. Let stand 15 min before serving.