Chicken Schnitzel With Anchovy-Chive Butter Sauce
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) (or unseasoned breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 large egg
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves pounded 3/4" thick (about 1 1/4 lbs total)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 can anchovies rolled with capers - (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives divided
- Lemon wedges
Mix panko and paprika in shallow dish. Beat egg to blend in small dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dip into egg, then panko, coating completely.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, crisp, and cooked through, turning once, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter.
Add remaining butter and anchovies with capers to skillet. Cook over medium heat until mixture turns brown, mashing anchovies to blend into butter, about 1 minute. Add wine; simmer until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons chives.
Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon chives. Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve With: Potato pancakes, chunky applesauce, and red-cabbage slaw.