- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 cup unsalted margarine - (2 sticks) room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups coarsely grated peeled carrots - (packed)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and margarine in large bowl until well blended. Beat in eggs. Add sifted dry ingredients; beat until blended. Stir in carrots. Beat in lemon juice and lemon peel. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
Bake carrot ring until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool carrot ring in pan on rack 15 minutes. Turn ring out onto platter and serve warm. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with cake dome and let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 350 degrees oven 10 minutes before serving.)
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.