Seared Steaks with Caper-Tarragon Butter
- 4 oz. (1/2 c.) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 T. capers, rinsed, drained, patted dry & chopped
- 2 T. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 small clove garlic, minced & mashed to a paste
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 boneless rib-eye steaks, cut into 2 portions
- 2 T. olive oil
1.) In a medium bowl, mash butter with capers, tarragon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture onto the center of plastic wrap and roll into a log, twisting and tightening ends. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (will keep up to a week in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer)
2.) Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper and cook on a heavy duty skillet.
3.) Serve steak with butter.