White Chocolate And Peppermint Cookie Brittle
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - (1 1/2 sticks) melted, and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces high-quality white chocolate chopped 1/3" pieces, and divided - (such as Lindt or Perugina)
- 3/4 cup coarsely-crushed red-and-white-striped
- hard peppermint candies - (abt 6 oz) divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk melted butter, both sugars, and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until just blended. Stir in 1 cup of the chopped white chocolate and 1/2 cup of the crushed peppermint candy.
Transfer dough to prepared sheet. Press dough into 14- by 8-inch rectangle, about 3/8-inch thick. Bake cookie until top is firm and dark golden, about 30 minutes. Cool on sheet 10 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely.
Stir remaining white chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water until melted and smooth. Using small spoon, drizzle about half of melted chocolate in thin lines over cooled cookie. Sprinkle remaining crushed peppermint candies over chocolate. Drizzle remaining white chocolate over top. Let stand until white chocolate sets, about 1 hour. Break cookie into irregular 2- to 3-inch pieces. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
This recipe yields about 24 pieces.