Deli rotisserie chicken accelerates preparation of a classic casserole full of fabulous flavor.
- 3.5 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 cup Green Giant® frozen sweet peas (from 1-lb bag)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or water
- 1 cup cubed deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
- 1/3 cup drained Green Giant® sliced mushrooms (from a 4.5 oz jar)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
* 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package, adding peas during last 3 minutes of cooking.
* 2 Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
* 3 Stir in broth and whipping cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sherry, spaghetti and peas, chicken and mushrooms.
#4 Into ungreased 8-inch square baking dish, pour spaghetti mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until bubbly in center.
Serve this one-dish meal with a crisp green salad.
Make this casserole the night before; cover and refrigerate until you're ready to bake. It may need to bake an additional 10 minutes to become bubbly in the center.