Flourless Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1/2 pound (8 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) sweet butter, cut into cubes
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease an 8" or 9" spring form pan with butter
2. Put the chocolate squares and butter into a double boiler. Keep water at a simmer and stir the chocolate and butter until melted.
3. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Mix until the eggs are light and lemon colored.
4. Add the chocolate sauce to the egg mixture, stirring to blend thoroughly.
5. Beat the whites until stiff. Add half the egg whites to the chocolate mixture and beat. Fond in the remaining whites.
6. Pour batter in pan and bake for 1 hour and fifteen minutes. When the cake is done transfer it to a cooling rack. Let it stand for 10 minutes and remove the rim from the spring form pan. Let it cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar and raspberries.