Toasted Israeli Couscous With Pine Nuts And Parsley
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 2/3 cup pine nuts - (abt 3 1/2 oz)
- 2/3 cup finely-chopped shallots
- 3 cups Israeli toasted couscous - (16 oz)
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 3 3/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pine nuts and stir until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to small bowl.
Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in same pan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Add couscous, cinnamon stick, and 2 bay leaves and stir until couscous browns slightly, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add broth and salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and pine nuts. Season with black pepper. Transfer to serving dish.
This recipe yields ? servings.