Garbanzo Bean Pasta Salad
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 can garbanzo beans (also called chick peas) drained
- 1 can hominy drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound mozarella cheese, cut in ½" cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
1) Pour about 1 cup of balsamic vinegar into a sauce pan and simmer on
low to let it condense. It should be condensed enough by the time
everything else is done. Just remember to do this first.
2) Mix the following items in a bowl and let sit for about 30 minutes
or more. Stir occassionally.
1 can garbanzo beans (also called chick peas) drained
1 can hominy drained
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 pound mozarella cheese, cut in ½" cubes
1 tsp salt
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp oregano
3) After letting the above sit for about 30 minutes (long enough to
make a salad & set the table), cook one pound of the pasta of your
choice. I like penne with this dish.
4) Drain the pasta and add the garbanzo bean mixture. Spoon it out
onto a plate, grate about 1/4-1/3 cup parmesan cheese on top and drizzle
lightly with the reduced balsamic vinegar.
The condensed vinegar is good on vegetables & as a marinade for meats
and fish. It keeps for months in the fridge.
**Oh, and get cheap vinegar. The more expensive stuff tends to get hard
when you reduce it.