Spiced Cranberry And Dried-Fruit Chutney
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 16 dried apricot halves
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup frozen concentrated cranberry
- juice cocktail thawed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Stir all ingredients except vinegar in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high; boil until thick, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Mix in vinegar, then season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover; chill.)
This recipe yields 2 1/2 cups.
Ribbon-tied jars of this chutney would make a nice holiday gift.