Smoked Salmon And Cucumber Ribbon Salad With Caraway
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 English hothouse cucumber
- 2 bunches watercress trimmed
- 1 small Granny Smith apple cored, and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced smoked salmon
Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper.
Cut cucumber crosswise in half. Using vegetable peeler, cut into long strips to form ribbons.
Scatter cucumber, watercress, and apple on 4 plates. Tuck in slices of salmon. Drizzle dressing over.
This recipe yields 4 first-course servings.